This is an extra Palace that acts as a "spare card" to play in a person's
The month and the time of birth will place this extraBody Palace
in one of the usual Houses and Palaces. Take the sample for example:
the Body Palace is in the Ming Palace which is also in the Cancer House.
The Body Palace is found only in 6 of the 12 usual Palaces --
the 6 more important ones that cover all the bases.
A Sample Interpretation:
When the BODY PALACE is found in the MING PALACE:
'Body' here, means 'that can be seen outwardly'. The Ming Palace
is associated with hidden 'chi (qi)' that cannot be seen. There is
'how thin wan' -- luck in the future. Transformation can take place
for better or for worse, affecting the circumstances of the subject.
Changes can take place with the subject's face, body, character,
intelligence, capabilities, entrepreneurship, class in society, and
other aspects of the life. But on the other hand, the subject will also
retain childhood qualities for a lifetime. Specifying a dual concurrent
There is much alertness, concentration as well as material things and
the subject is stubborn and an independent thinker and planner.
Subject can study the arts and literature, but due to environmental
influence (bad company), subject was unable to concentrate on studies.
Body Palace in 6 Palaces
1.When interpreting the Body Palace in the Ming, one also
has to look at the stars in the Ming Palace for the following
- birth family status/genealogy/family history
- affinity with family
- karma brought over from previous lifetimes
- Feng Shui of the dwelling also indicating frequency of moving
- Overall, everything on the outside (as opposed to the Moving
and Health Palaces where everything on the inside is indicated).
2.When the Body Palace is in the Wealth Palace: Indications:
- the subject is money oriented and "kiasu" -- a local Manglish (Malaysian
English) and Singlish (Singaporean English) term for someone who's
desirous of getting his money's worth and more. The reading of all
palaces depend on the stars there for good or bad indications.
- 'chin choy ka chik' -- subject appreciates the true value of money
and subjects's fortune is dependent on wealth luck.
- whether subject's investment will turn a profit or not.
- Depending on the stars in the palace, the subject will know which
domain to invest in.
- How subject manages his finances.
- How thrifty or spendthrift subject is.
- Family affinities and the love life are also covered.
3.When the Body Palace is in the Career Palace: Indications:
- Subject is very career oriented, focusing all on the career.
- Subject is very responsible in career matters and dedicated to his
place in society.
- Indicates career changes and when to make the changes.
- Indicates the acquisition of knowledge and qualifications must come
first before romance.
- Indicates acknowledgment and accomplishment must come before marriage.
4.When the Body Palace is in the Marital Palace: Indications:
- Subject is love and relationship oriented. Bad stars here mean a
late marriage is better.
- Marriage is important to subject, for better or worse and can make all
the difference in subject's life.
- There is a high degree of family responsibilities.
- Family lifestyle.
- Whether subject's luck affects his partner for better or worse.
- Family comes first.
5.When the Body Palace is in the Fortune and Virtue Palace: Indications:
- Subject is fortune and enjoyment oriented and here we see if s/he
has the karmic support to enjoy the lifestyle s/he cherishes.
- Whether subject inherits the karmic merit from ancestors or inherit
their bad karma.
- Also subject's own karma.
- Subject's love life.
- Subject's health.
6.When the Body Palace is in the Moving Palace: Indications:
- Subject is travel oriented. Subject should leave birthplace to make
good. But must take into account the stars for favorable periods to
travel or not.
- Career indications.
- Moving the house or work environment and whether subject changes
careers when moving.
- Subject is usually on the move.